Friday, January 17, 2014

Hasty Resolution by Sam Taylor Mullen - Review

Title: Hasty Resolution
Genre: Adult Romance Fiction
 
 
Synopsis:
 


Jake, a US Marine, has been on a nonstop roller coaster ride in the Middle East for over a decade. While on a medical leave seeking help for PTSD he snaps and abducts a woman thinking it will be the remedy plaguing his thoughts. The woman, Liz, witnesses his hallucinations, night terrors and anxieties and quickly becomes sympathetic to his plight. A relationship between the two begins to flourish.


 
Review:
 What to say about this book??? Ok, it was well written. The characters were very well developed. The storyline was smooth and understandable. But personally, I just couldn't get into the idea of Liz falling for her kidnapper. As I was reading all that would pop into my head was...Stockholm Syndrome... and it stuck there and wouldn't leave.

Now don't get me wrong, I do realize that this has happened. People have fallen for their captors, whether intentional or not, whether to survive or not, who knows... but, when I am reading a romance book (no matter the genre) I want that escape from my reality, a break from my real life, work, kids, housework etc. and a story about a woman getting kidnapped (no matter that she has a crappy marriage) and falling for that kidnapper, well, it just doesn't do it for me. 

So, personally, the book/storyline wasn't something I could get into. But, it was a well written book with great characters and I would recommend it.



 
 
 
 
Buy Links:
 
 
 
Author:

I am happily married living in beautiful Colorado. I have two daughters, a son, and a schnauzer named Charlie.

I love a good day hanging out with my daughters. On weekends, I am actively involved in special needs recreational sports teams with my autistic son.


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment